Ten to Twelve Month – Planning Timeline
Ideally, you will have a year to plan your dream wedding. You might just be surprised at how quickly a year can pass when you have so many details to take care of. Our twelve-month planner will guide you and help you stay on task.
Ten to twelve month out:
- Work on a wedding budget. Do some research and be aware of every expense. From the venue to the photographer to the hair and makeup. Don’t forget about planning for your attire, shoes, jewelry, gratuities, and even taxes. Keep in mind that the venue you select will reflect about 50% of your total budget, a photographer/video will be about 10%, attire, hair, and makeup about 10%, ceremony 2%, flowers and decor 10%, music 10%, stationery 2%, transportation and lodging 1%, wedding rings 2%, gifts, and other 3%.
- Set a tentative wedding date keeping in mind that late Spring, Summer, and early Fall are really considered “wedding season.”
- There are many details to begin thinking about. Details such as your wedding style, your color palette, the approximate number of guests, time of day you’d like your ceremony, how many bridesmaids, etc.
- Start collecting inspiration and ideas from magazines, wedding websites, and blogs.
- Draft a preliminary guest list: create a list for the bride’s family, a list for the groom’s family, and a list of friends.
- Book your venue keeping in mind the style you’ve decided on. If catering is available through your venue, you may want to have a tasting before securing the site. Also, make sure that the chef preparing your food for the tasting is the same one as for your wedding.
- Decide on a ceremony site, and choose and reserve your officiant.
- Now is the time to decide whether you want to hire a wedding planner. If so, begin the interview process.
For a more detailed list of the “to-dos” during the first few months of planning, download our detailed Timeline.
Photo Credits: Bouquet – NeriPhoto | Aisle – Creatrix Photography | Bridesmaids – Oldani Photography | Cake – Lauren Weeks Photography | Flower Girls – Claire Diana Photography | Invitation – Shelly Taylor Photography | Rings – Noble Photography
TWWP is the go-to destination for planning your own dream wedding.