Getting Hitched – A Handy Wedding Checklist to Make Your Life Easier
Planning a wedding is certainly exciting, but it can be stressful as well. There are so many things to consider, and so many things to do. It can all be pretty overwhelming, and that is why it is so important to create a checklist that will help you get everything done before the big day arrives.
- Set the date – your boyfriend has finally popped the question and you have happily said yes. Now you just need to know when those “I Do’s” will take place. Until you set a date for the wedding, you will have trouble putting the rest of the ceremony together.
- Contact the wedding official – you may already know which church official will be performing the ceremony. If not, you will need to give plenty of thought to the decision. Starting the search early can reduce your stress level and let you get on to the rest of your planning.
- Book the venue – the most popular wedding venues fill up quickly, so you need plenty of lead time. Think about two or three places that would be appropriate, then rank them in order of preference. That will allow you and your guests to enjoy your first party as a married couple.
- Create a guest list – be sure to discuss your guest list with your fiancé. After all, your spouse to be may be picturing an intimate get together, while you are thinking about renting the biggest country club in town.
- Choose your wedding colors – incorporating your favorite colors into the wedding can make it more personal and fun. Think about the colors that represent your taste and style, then use those colors in everything from the reception hall decorations to the floral centerpieces.
- Choose your bridesmaids and groomsmen – the wedding party is a vital part of the ceremony, and you will want to give plenty of thought to your choice of bridesmaids and groomsmen. You will obviously want to discuss the decision with your future spouse, so start the dialogue early.
- Find the perfect dress – whether you have been fantasizing about your dream wedding since you were a little girl or just started thinking about it after the proposal, you will want to look your best. Shopping for the perfect wedding dress can be difficult, so you will want to leave plenty of time to hit the bridal boutiques and local specialty stores.
- Shop for bridesmaid dresses – those bridesmaids will need something nice to wear, so be sure to choose dresses that compliment their figures and your ceremony. Shopping for bridesmaid dresses is the perfect girls’ night out, so enjoy yourself and let your hair down – there will be plenty of time to stress out later.
- Order the wedding cake – speaking of cake, you will need to order the one for your wedding plenty early. Not all bakers are up to creating the centerpiece of your reception, so you will need time to find a confectioner who can. Chances are that master baker will be busy, so you will need to give them plenty of time to create the perfect dessert.
- Send out the invitations – your guests need to know when to show up – and where. Sending the invitations out as early as possible will make the rest of your wedding planning activities a lot easier. Until you get your RSVPs, it will be difficult to know how much food to order, or even what size wedding cake you will need.
All photographs courtesy of Mioara Dragan Photography